The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise is utterly simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere. Although you can do the exercise in any position, sit with your back straight while learning the exercise. Place the tip of your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth, and keep it there through the entire exercise. You will be exhaling through your mouth around your tongue; try pursing your lips slightly if this seems awkward.
1) Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
2) Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
3) Hold your breath for a count of seven.
4) Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
5) This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.
Note that you always inhale quietly through your nose and exhale audibly through your mouth. The tip of your tongue stays in position the whole time. Exhalation takes twice as long as inhalation. The absolute time you spend on each phase is not important; the ratio of 4:7:8 is important. If you have trouble holding your breath, speed the exercise up but keep to the ratio of 4:7:8 for the three phases. With practice you can slow it all down and get used to inhaling and exhaling more and more deeply.
Learn more about breathing exercises that Dr. Weil recommends:
|이것은 마술인가요? 아니면 마법인가요? (0)||2017.05.30|
|[영상] 표범의 굴욕 (0)||2017.04.16|
|‘4-7-8 호흡법’으로 수면제 없이 잠을 잘 수 있다는데... (0)||2015.05.17|
|티슈 1장으로 1분 안에 아기 재우기 _ How to put a baby to sleep in less than ONE MINUTE (0)||2015.04.30|
|2014년 전세계를 열광시킨 영국 왕따 소년의 오디션 , Bars & Melody - Hopeful [Britain's Got Talent] (0)||2015.04.30|